Saturday, November 28, 2009

Pomegranate Ink

"I'm addicted to making things, always have been. I paint, sew, make music, draw, scrapbook, and do a lot of digital art. By day I am a manager of creative services for a software company, by night and weekends I am driven to create..." -- Samantha Brown, of Pomegranate Ink

If you had to live out the rest of your life as a famous fictional character, who would you be and why?

Elizabeth Bennett, Pride and Prejudice, the clothing would be beautiful but hard to keep your hems clean when frolicking through a muddy green pasture. She's is smart and capable, passionate, beautiful. What I aspire to be on most days that is.

If money were no object for just one day, what would you do?


Give lots and lots of it away. Find everyday people and hungry people and just give it all away. When you buy something you feel good for a while, but when you give something, especially when the receiver really needs it--but is not expecting it, the feeling lasts a long time. Pure goodness.

How did you get started on Etsy/Making things?

Funny story, I used to work as a Sr. Manager of Creative Services for a software company and our VP of Marketing came back from a trip to talk with an analyst who could not stop talking about how Etsy was on the forefront of search technology, with color searching, geolocation, etc. My boss said "I have to show Sam, she would love it" and I signed up right away and listed a few abstract paintings. I was in love, and told people, and told people.

No comments:

Post a Comment