Monday, November 23, 2009

Kendra Renee Jewelry Design


How did you get started on Etsy/Making things?
I learned how to work with silver from a jewelry artist in Boston. I became an addict, and knew I wanted to own my own jewelry design business. I began amassing quite a collection of tools, and started producing my own line.

What inspires your creations?
I think about jewelry all the time. I am inspired by many things- the simplest of which are the tools I work with every day. I find architecture and mechanical objects to be incredibly beautiful (I kind of drool over the Bay Bridge) but I am also inspired by regularity in natural objects, like the spirals formed at the center of a sunflower.

What does buying and selling local handmade mean to you, and how has it affected your life?
I try to do it as much as I can because I truly appreciate all who have done it for me. They have made it possible for me to do what I love, all day, every day.

As this is a charity event for DrawBridge, give us some insight on how you personally, or your shop, gives back to your community.
I am pumped that the Ho Down is working with Drawbridge, they sound like an amazing organization, and I am proud to donate some of my work to their benefit. I am really new to this community and I am looking for other ways to give back too.

If you were invisible for one day and could go anywhere without being detected, where would you go and what would you do?

I would visit to Louvre at night when there was nobody there to get in my way of the Mona Lisa. (I have night vision too, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment