Saturday, November 28, 2009

Ana Apple Designs


What is the craziest gift you have ever received?

My cat Salsa brought me an undead gecko once. Although I have been given the gift of double-jointedness, a party trick that never fails to impress.

How did you get started on Etsy/Making things?

It was as simple as asking my boyfriend for a sewing machine for Christmas last year. My curiosity quickly turned into obsession, which mutated into my headfirst leap into 'Hey, this is kind of neat-o. I would pay money for this.' The rest is a crazy months-long blur of research, trial and error, and much-needed encouragement from family and friends.


How did you learn your craft?

Took a night class from the feistiest woman to ever rock a blue plaid blazer, Miss Beverly, who taught me the once-confusing basics, nurtured my supposedly unconventional desire to sew white fabric with hot pink thread, and gladly offered constructive criticism (albeit with an occasional raised brow) on my original designs.

From there, it's just been an experimentation with different fabrics and techniques that catch my eye, logging miles on my trusty Kenmore machine. I've developed a love-hate relationship with my seam ripper.

No comments:

Post a Comment