Monday, November 23, 2009

CCStar, unique, vintage accessories


"I fell in love with vintage textiles the first time I went through the garage and found my mother's old clothes from the 1970's. This started my love affair with thrift store shopping. I've always been attracted to the patterns and color choices of the 1960's and 1970's. There's always a sense of hope in these patterns, like a bright new future waiting to be enjoyed. I want to express that sense of fun, of youthfulness, in my line. My work is an expression of my personal aesthetic of bold colors and fun patterns." -- Celeste, owner of CCStar

If you had to be an animal for one week, which animal would you choose to be? And what would you do?

Godzilla! Does that count? Though I would try and be nice Godzilla, which means I would spend most of my time trying not to step on things.

If money were no object for just one day, what would you do?

I would buy tickets to travel all around Europe and go to art fairs for my boyfriend and I and pay off a month's rent so I could enjoy it all. Maybe that's cheating. If I had to enjoy the fruits of my spending all in that one day I would go on a major clothes and shoes shopping spree, and then buy the most expensive amazing dinner for all of my close friends and then see a a really great concert of a band I like.

How did you learn your craft?

I picked up sewing in the Costume Department at UCLA while I was in the Theater program there. My mom had only taught me one stitch, but I taught myself how to embroider, needlepoint, and sew some rudimentary things. The rest I taught myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment